Monday, April 27, 2009

Fein and dandy...


Easily one of the most used tools on "So It Goes" is my Fein Multimaster, which pretty much gets used on every single job I do on the boat whenever power tools are called for. While pricey, the build quality and the just awesome performance of the tool make it one of the best buys ever in my overflowing tool boxes...

That said, I am not quite so happy with the various blades available for the Multimaster which are over priced and have some serious longevity issues. Every time I order replacements I cringe and howl at the moon. Some hope has arisen as now Dremel, Bosch and even Harbor Freight have clones of the tool and hopefully more affordable blades with a hopefully better variety will follow.

That said, right now Amazon has a sale on Fein Multimaster blades which are "nearly" affordable. While I will be experimenting in the near future on various clone blades for the Multimaster, right now I'll be stocking up on the Fein...