Tuesday, November 15, 2022

a boat that clicks...

Unacceptable growth in a finite system, why I still use a mask when needful, and in the "Pretty much says it all" department...

Every once in a while I find myself clicking with a design that I never quite grokked in the past. For instance, Bolger's  Birdwatcher never quite made sense to me. While lots of folks really love the whole walk-through deck arrangement the only thing that I saw was one huge leak just waiting to happen. 

Plus, building a Birdwatcher was, for me at least, a lot of extra labor and expense for a glorified day-sailor. That said, I still think the Birdwatcher is a very cool boat but just not for me.

I saw a bigger version, a Whalewatcher for sale, and it sorta/kinda clicked. The huge slot in the deck is still problematic for me but the boat at twenty-nine feet now makes sense and would make a great small cruiser.

Certainly a boat worth checking out.

Listening to a Captain Beefheart cover

So it goes...