Thursday, February 17, 2022

about doing the Covid two-step...

Robotic fish, someone you should be reading/supporting, and on the subject of immunocompromised people where Covid is concerned...

I need to paint my bottom. 

Fact of the matter is I've needed to paint my bottom for quite a while now.

The plan was to buy some anti-fouling and skedaddle over to the Dominican Republic to haul out for a couple of weeks do a bit of bottom work, slap on some anti-fouling, head out towards somewhere different.

In general, a pretty good plan and we even got a great deal on the anti-fouling we bought but we did not factor in a worldwide pandemic getting in the way.

This morning, one of the first things I read was how the President of the DR has cancelled all Covid restrictions so a quick trip to the DR for a haul out is back in the possibility zone.

That said, it appears to me that while Covid is currently waning it's not the first time and sadly might not be the last. It is still killing around 2000 people a day in the USA and if the current relaxation of mandates continues recent history tells us we should expect yet another spike in new cases and deaths. Albert Einstein pretty much nailed it when he said...

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

You'd think we'd have learned enough to get off the Covid two-step by this time.

For the time being I think I'll just continue to scrape the bottom and spend some quality time with the crabs and shrimp. Plus it's good exercise.

Listening to a cornucopia of summer music

So it goes...