Thursday, January 20, 2022

on the cost of things...

An important question, some needful reading, and in the "There's hype but then there's hype" department...

As it happens I just came across a receipt for some Samson rope I purchased a few years back and the important number was $79.95.

Considering that this was for a 600-foot spool of 10mm line that's a pretty good number. Doing the math tells me the line only cost just a kiss more than thirteen cents a foot. A 600-foot spool was more than enough to replace all of the running rigging aboard "So It Goes" with enough left over to replace any halyards or sheets that need replacing in the foreseeable future.

Doing a quick search while having my morning coffee I found several reasonable facsimile deals for spools of rope in the under twenty-cents a foot price point.

You just have to look.

Listening to Lasers Lasers Birmingham

So it goes...