Sunday, May 27, 2018

In case I'm not pimping your site...

Dumb as a sack of hammers, 1500 questions, and a timely language lesson...

The other day I heard someone describe  most social media as being "all about insecure narcissists in an endless one-upmanship circle jerk". I'm pretty sure he nailed it.

I actually get a lot of mail related to Facebook and Twitter. Folks wondering why I don't have a Facebook page or Twitter account and others asking if I might mention their Facebook page with a link.

Of course, I'm sure there are a lot of excellent boat/cruising related FB pages and suchlike. Sturgeon's law pretty much guarantees it.

Now, I don't have a Facebook page because I read the terms of service which brought on a severe case of Spidey sense with an extra helping of "Danger, danger Will Robinson!", my mom did her best to not raise an idiot, and I'm allergic to having my picture taken so shudder whenever I hear the word "Selfie".

That said, to each their own... I really like Pastis, Bourbon, and Rum but have never really seen the appeal of Scotch, Vodka, or Merlots. I'm told that some people even like Coors beer though the logic of that still escapes me.

On the other hand, since I don't do most social media I can't really advise my readers to go to something I don't access or, in some cases, can't since I don't have an account. So, if you have written asking me to promote your FB page or Twitter account and I have not it's not personal. I'm just not the right guy to ask. No attitude intended.

Listening to the Hugo nominated "The Deep"

So it goes...