Monday, May 28, 2018

An opportunity to learn...

Regarding plastic, a timely story about some football players making a political statement, and in the "It's all about him" department...

Looking for a rigging widget the other day I saw that Brion Toss was doing some workshops and it occurred to me what a great opportunity it was for anyone with an interest in their boats most important system.

Of course, a lot of people might be put off by the $850 price tag but, in my experience, spending money to further one's education pretty much always pays for itself and shows a profit so well worth the investment.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure someone will write and point out that all you have to do is go on a forum and have all your rigging questions sorted out for free. Which brings up something of a conundrum...

Why do folks who write to tell me "You get what you pay for" take issue with the idea of learning how to do stuff?

Something to think about.

So it goes...