Tuesday, June 21, 2022

on the continued process of replacing the simple with complication...

About that age thing, some Texas insanity, and "a very timely cartoon" department...

So, it would appear that the Apple iPod is no longer a thing. Which, in my view, is a real bummer as I really like listening to music while I work on the boat. Fact is, the closest I've come to a moment of zen clarity is planing a mast with a very sharp plane while plugged in to a playlist that just hits the correct groove. Taking a rather mundane task and elevating it to being one with the universe.

Now, I suspect, that Apple wants me to use their iPhone. A somewhat problematic thought because I don't do phones. Call me a Luddite but I don't feel the need to be connected 24/7/365 to what amounts to mostly silliness and distraction while building boats or going about my daily pursuits.

The iPod shuffle was and still is the best purveyor of music for boat building, rowing, and just sitting in the cockpit watching the world go by and it will be missed.

Listening to some impressive Brian Wilson coverage (Just the sort to build a dinghy by)

So it goes...