Monday, April 18, 2022

a nightmare of note...

Florida bans math textbooks, an excellent example of form follows function, and in the "Just in case you haven't been paying attention" department...

I had a bad dream that woke me up this morning. It wasn't about COVID, climate change, or the Ukraine Russian war morphing into a nuclear debacle. All of which have been fodder for uncomfortable dreams of late.

It wasn't even about killer clowns either. It was a lot worse than that.

It was about... 

Marinas

Now, I'm pretty sure I've gone on record about my feeling regarding marinas and the soul deprived creatures that own and operate such hellish establishments. As an admittedly low budget cruiser I avoid marinas just like you'd avoid taking a walk in a cemetery at midnight, going down in the basement during a zombie outbreak with only a couple of matches to light your way, and going outside to check out a suspicious noise just after having sex on Elm street.

Which might tell you a lot about how the nightscape of my dream where everyone is forced to stay in marinas may have chilled me to the bone and found myself woken in a cold sweat.

So scary in fact that to get the images of "No Liveaboards or Wooden Boats" and "Outboard Powered Dinghies Only" out of my head that I had to read some Stephen King to cleanse the dark dank suppurating images from my mind.

Listening to Drive-by Truckers 

So it goes...