Friday, April 15, 2022

a boat for sale you might want to check out...

Some seriously scary shit, a selection of seaborne fantasy reading, and in the "How world domination and genocide is a cure for homelessness" department...

I heard that there was a Bolger AS29 for sale up in Canada and if you're someone who does the facebook thing there's information on the Bolger page.


Smaller than our Loose Moose 2 and bigger than our Loose Moose (a Bolger Jessie Cooper) it's fairly close to what I'd consider a perfect DIY VolksCruiser for a couple.

As the AS29 is really just a stretched Jessie Cooper, I've long considered building either an AS29 or a stretched JC but I''d stretch the JC out to about 32 feet allowing for a bit more load carrying, additional stowage solutions and be a bit faster.

I'm pretty sure I'd keep the lug rig and off-center mainmast over the AS29's gaff and give some serious thought to going with a junk rig for the mainsail. I'd also retain the single off-center dagger board as it worked just fine and why would I want to spend the extra cost and labor of having two off-center boards.

Still, a well built AS29 at the right price would be no bad investment...

Listening to Fairport Convention

So it goes...