Thursday, September 09, 2021

Some blogging issues...

Covid at the yacht club, a free class at MIT I'll be catching, and in the "The insanity just keeps coming" department. And yeah, I'm really tired of linking to Covid crap. Deal with it...

On the blogging front, my computer has developed an issue that, every once in awhile, deprives me of the ability to use the letters "T" and "Y". Which, as it happens, are two letters I seem to use a lot. The thing is, I actually like my computer so don't really want to replace it and then there's the fact that I'm cheap...

There is a sorta/kinda fix that works. So, when the T's and Y's go walkabout I have to shut down the computer, remove the battery, and push the power button for fifteen seconds. The problem with the fix is that it tends to be needed while I'm in the process of writing the blog and the whole turn-off-the-computer-remove-the-battery-push-the-button-for-15-seconds-replace-battery-turn-on-the-computer-and-hope-it-worked tends to leave me wondering just what the frell I was writing about. The fact that it is an issue that may recur a few times in the process of writing and needs to be repeated as needed pretty much has me a bit gun-shy where writing is concerned.

Now, hopefully, I'll sort out a real fix but in the meantime I'm considering going back to pencil and paper for the duration...

Listening to music from a very good year

So it goes...

Support BoatBits