Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Purge...

A minor planet of interest, how Covid-19 is still a factor, and a country divided...

One of this weeks project is to purge all the things that are not earning their keep aboard "So It Goes" which at best is a problematic exercise and worse, it is always somewhat traumatic.

Part of the problem is I detest waste. Throwing away something that that could be useful to someone just seems wrong and there really should be someway to recycle stuff like off cuts of stainless, odd bits of boat gear, and the variety of things that find their was aboard as if by magic and have no earthly use to me at all but are too good to throw away and would make someones day if I were able to connect with them. 

The other thing is that invariably, once I've thrown away some stainless leftovers from building some chain plates or bits left over from building a self-steering gear or a guitar, is that I'll find myself up close and personal with someone who actually needs such things for some needful repair or project aboard their boat.

For instance, I have about a dozen 10mm sockets and a big hole where the 8mm sockets should go. Now I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were someone reading this who has somehow accumulated  a bunch of extra 8mm sockets and has no 10mm sockets at all. Which is why the whole idea of just throwing away those excess 10mm sockets seems... Wrong.

Such is life aboard small boats...

Anyway, I expect I'll be getting rid of a lot of stuff and we'll see how it goes.

Listening to something fifty-years old

So it goes...