Wednesday, April 28, 2021

and it's certainly not within my budget...

Walkabout containers, a book I'm looking forward to reading, and some situational threat assessment...

Yachting Monthly (a magazine I no longer subscribe to) has an online article "How to get the latest boat electronics – on a budget".Which, me being Mr Cheapseats, caught my eye and I thought to myself "Maybe YM is back on track?".

Well, not so much.

First of all budgets are always a tricky subject and, in this case it begins with spending around over $7000+. on various components. Then another $500+ or so in hardware/software to let the various components play nice with each other and send WIFI to your tablets.

Now, I'm sure the author of the article could have spent a whole lot more money to do the same thing but, I'm also pretty sure one could put together a reasonable facsimile for a whole lot less. The thing is that if you're going to publish an article that is proclaiming it for folks on a budget it really makes sense to define what sort of budget you're actually talking about.

That said, I'd love some input on how to improve a very basic (spelled all the needful things) instrument/electronics that makes sense for folks on real budget for folks who blanche at the thought of spending over $7K on such things.

I'll be talking about what works for us in terms of need/want next...

Listening to a great cover

So it goes...



Support BoatBits