Sunday, March 07, 2021

Is a trigger warning really needed?

A failing infrastructure, something about that plague state, and in the "Not the right question" department...

The other day over on VolksCruiser I wrote something on the subject of "Free Boats" and I got quite a bit of push back as a result. Apparently, the words 'free' and 'boat' used in conjunction is something of a trigger phrase for some folks.

Now, where I come from, the whole idea of taking something that has no or a negative value and recycling it into something that has a purpose and value is no bad thing and I truly admire those folk who take on such projects and are successful in their endeavors. 

Offhand I'd really love to find a free boat without a mast so I could test some cunning plans I have regarding affordable rigs and rigging but every time I find such a beast they are in someplace far away. That said, If a free C&C 35 without a mast appeals you might want to check out Craig's List up in NYC...

Listening to Siouxsie and the Banshees

So it goes...