Monday, December 21, 2020

the sort of video I'd like to see more of...

EBM with an apt Doonesbury, Killer Whales in the Arctic, and in the "Hardly unexpected" department...

OK, I'll be honest and go on the record that I'm pretty fed up with all of the narcissistic selfiecam silliness floating about in the sailing/cruising media world.

This is not to say that I don't wish there were a whole lot more good films/videos on the subject of sailing, cruising, and boat design/building but what passes for it these days is pretty dire. Which, when you think about it, is quite surprising as there are a lot of really talented folks around doing the gig and you might expect some of them to get better at it.

So, when I see someone step up their game, do something a bit different, and expand their filmic horizons a bit I want to point it out.

Voilier les Copains is a channel I keep an eye on because it is better than most and their newest video about the Blowin' in the Wind family of six on an Ericson 28 certainly made for a better video than the same old same selfie-induced yawn that seems to be the norm from other videomakers on YouTube.

I expect to see a lot more good stuff from Voilier les Copains in the future.

Listening to the Cordovas

So it goes...