Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Takin' care of business...

Brexit bummer, four rules for predicting the future, and an apt cartoon for the times...

I'm pretty sure that I can say, with some authority, that the pandemic has taken its toll where boat maintenance is concerned. Which translates to the fact that all of a sudden I have a big list of things that need fixing.

We had been planning to haul out so a lot of small jobs got put off till we got on the hard but, as we all know, putting jobs aside has a nasty way of making little jobs bigger.

Which, in the general scheme of things, is actually alright and I'm actually looking forward to get to doing on the various issues at hand.

Even better is I get to build a new dinghy and the extra scrap materials generated by the various needful projects can, mostly, support my Sailboat Fishing Kit project. So there might even be some income involved down the line as a result.

Of course, the main issue with any boat project is getting started and achieving the needful momentum required to get you through it.

Now, as the sun is shining, I have a bit sanding to do in the cockpit so I can get into the glass and epoxy mode after lunch...

Listening to a BTO song

So it goes...