Friday, August 28, 2020

Why I don't review boats I've never sailed...

Not the America most of us signed on for,  a little bit of Groucho helps explain 2020, and Hugh Howey talking about "Freedom"...

A couple of readers wanting to know my take on something from the web today where someone was somewhat negative regarding a Phil Bolger design of the squareish persuasion.

The thing is, everyone has a right to their opinions. While I personally opine that the person in question really does not understand how Phil's squareish designs work as well as they do and that, just maybe, he might, want to invest in a bit of study and some hands-on experience sailing a design before trashing it.

To be totally candid, once upon a time I had a mostly negative opinion of "Bolger Boxes". It was only after building and sailing them did I learn to appreciate their abilities, performance, and Mr. Bolger's genius in (no pun intended) designing outside the "Box".

Of course, I do have the advantage of sailing thousands of miles on Bolger designs so what I do know is through actual experience rather than conjecture.

Just saying...

Listening to Buscabulla

So it goes...