Thursday, January 31, 2019

and in the "I'll miss my daily Golden Globe feed" department...

Regime change follies, regarding a hero of mine, and an alternative to plastic that seems to make sense...

So, the Golden Globe is almost now history and Jean-Luc Van Den Heede at the age of 73 is the winner.

I'll be honest and say that while I was following the Golden Globe race with some interest it was something of an odd duck in what most people consider a "race" to be.

It was not fast.

Not even close to being sexy.

Far from being even close to cutting-edge.

Even worse is it was packaged and promoted by folks who seemed to have nary a clue about what made the race interesting, compelling, and exciting.

Meanwhile, I keep hearing a lot of talk from critics of the race suggesting it be changed to make it less interesting, compelling, and exciting.

Obviously a whole lot of people seemed to have missed the point.

Listening to Drug Church

So it goes...