Thursday, July 20, 2017

Need/want...

Some very needful reading, George Romero is no longer with us, and some soul-destroying duty for the Coasties...

Every once in awhile I find myself thinking that a watermaker aboard "So It Goes" would be no bad thing. This state of affairs is then followed by a perusal of the current commercial offerings, used watermakers, and DIY options available.

If I find anything of interest they are then subjected to the triage system of questions...

  • Do I really want a watermaker?
  • Do I really need a watermaker?
  • Will a watermaker be a cost-effective system aboard "So It Goes"?
Usually, at the end of the triage process I find myself thinking that while a watermaker would be nice, the cost and hassle of installing one simply does not factor into the "need" category and short of some major change in the cost of watermakers or watermaker technology that "So It Goes" will remain watermakerless and I will continue to get a significant amount of exercise rowing to the water dock on a regular basis.

With me so far?

So, the other day, a reader of this blog dropped me a link to a very interesting watermaker and asked me what I thought...

Which triggered the whole "Gee, a watermaker would be no bad thing" cycle...

And that, of course, led to the whole need, want, and does it make financial sense triage tango...

Which then resulted in my purchasing said watermaker which, I suppose, is about to wing its way down to the Caribbean soonish...

Which is a long and roundabout way of saying that in the not-too-distant future you can expect a review of a pretty interesting, not too expensive watermaker.

But more on that later...

Listening to the Rockets

So it goes...