Monday, October 10, 2016

Just a little food for thought regarding composite structure...

Something to think about, a little needful reading, and some apt life advice...

I hate to admit it but I tend to cringe whenever someone mentions the words "composite" and "boat design" in the same sentence. Not that I'm not in favor of composite construction but because it is mostly used incorrectly or badly. Slapping some carbon fiber on something does not a true composite make especially if the carbon is doing all of the work.

So, take a look at a bit of inspired use of carbon that actually makes a whole lot of sense.


And yes, dear Reader, I know it is in fact a guitar neck and not a bit of boat as it is a lot easier to find smart use of carbon in guitar building than in boats. Plus, after watching the debate last night I'm just not in the mood to spend a day searching for the rare occurrence of smart use of carbon in a boat.

Listening to Skinny Lister

So it goes...