Wednesday, August 03, 2016

A tool I can make room for...

Scary Lawyer guy making a good point, in the "No comment needed" department, and a little situational awareness with historical hindsight...

Recently I've posted a couple of guitar making tools that would come in handy for tasks involved in boatbuilding or the ongoing maintenance of boats so I might as well make it a trifecta.

Here's a very cool router accessory/table being sold by StewMac...


What appeals to me is it is simple, small, and adaptable to pretty much everything I need a router for on a boat. Fact of the matter is if I'd had one of these a couple of days back it would have easily saved me a few hours . It also happens that I need to build a new scarfing jig (redesigning the bulwark project as we speak) and this would work finestkind as part of that.




Like a lot of good ideas it is simple in the "Why the hell didn't I think of that?" vein and not all that hard to build a reverse engineered DIY version. Of course, it's not a bad idea to support folks who come up with and build brilliant ideas so they keep producing them. That said, I might just consider waiting until the next time StewMac has a sale to buy one for the "So It Goes" tool chest.

Listening to Lakou Mizik

So it goes...