Friday, June 10, 2016

I really love this cat...

A quote of note, an interesting intellectual exercise, and something worth watching...

Ever since the Gougeon brothers designed and built their Gougeon 32 catamaran I've been somewhat uninspired by most of the other cats being designed these days. Of course, there was the notable exception of Bob Oram's Slim cats (a maxi-Gougeon 32 more or less) but, as Bob has retired to go off cruising and shut down his design office, I'm just not seeing a whole lot of excitement in the catamaran design world these days. However, I do keep looking and hope...

I mention this as a friend happens to have a very nice Gougeon 32 for sale and I am sooo tempted to have him stick it on its trailer and ship it on down to me so I can win all of the local races and kick some serious ass passing all those cats whose designers have, apparently, forgotten how to design a cat that sails. As it happens, I have other plans which don't have anything to do with the Caribbean for the future so it's an idea that just ain't going to happen. Bummer that!


That said, if you happen to be interested in a very cool (dare I say awesome) cat that would be a great daysailer, minimal but wicked fast cruiser, and a boat that would make people with very very expensive boats say WTF and cry as you show them your transoms...


Then this boat just might be the very thing you're looking for!

Listening to Jerry Garcia

So it goes...