Thursday, May 19, 2016

Some morning multihull thoughts and a job you might be interested in...

Something from the "Why am I not surprised" department, more bad news from Venezuela, and the great Guy Clark is no longer with us...

This morning I'm currently anchored between two matching bareboat cats and to say they're all kinds of fugly would be a big understatement. what can I say but the sheer ugliness of a lot of production cats remains an ongoing mystery to me.

Well, actually, I have a lot of ongoing questions about the current state of multihull design but that's a subject for another day.

Speaking of cats that actually look like boats, a friend of mine who a while back built a Wharram Tiki 38 for a daysail business up in Montauk which has been so successful that he is just about to launch another bigger Wharram he's been building to keep up with demand.

As it happens, they need a captain ASAP to run the Tiki while the big cat gets sorted out and suchlike...

So, if any Boat Bits readers with a captains license who appreciate the design merits of a Wharram cat, have the sort of attitude that jives with the not-always-easy business of daysailing, and would not mind hanging out in the Long Island area there's a job available with good folks.

Drop me a line and I'll pass it on.

Listening to Circus

So it goes...