Thursday, February 25, 2016

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida dude...

Nervous making, $1 spent saves $5, and in the "Don't let the door hit you on the butt as you become just another embarrassing footnote in history" department...

I've always wanted a piano or organ aboard. Maybe not practical but still the desire has always been strong. Fact is, one of the few boats I still regret not buying was a pre-WW2 vintage thirty-two foot wooden ketch we looked at in France that had a real piano built into it with a fold down keyboard... It also happened to be the most out-of-tune piano I have ever come across in a life not unacquainted with out-of-tune pianos.

Still a piano, a Hammond B3 (hell one can dream), or even a Farfisa would be cool.

There's even nautical precedent...



...to our madness.

Which, as it happens, is why I find myself in the process of rebuilding a huge chunk of the interior on "So It Goes" simply to fit in a usable space where something 52" X 15" X 6" will reside. That said, it's also allowed me to greatly increase and improve the accessibility of stowage on the boat so it's really a win/win situation...

Listening to Billy Pettinger

So it goes...