Sunday, December 06, 2015

Boat shows...

A Rude Pundit making sense, an interesting series of questions, and pretty much just what you'd expect from a bought and sold group of politicians...



I used to really look forward to the Paris and London boats shows. Not that I was really interested in oohing and aahing boats and gear I couldn't afford but the boat shows always had neat ideas hidden around the various booths that I could take away for free and utilize on my own boat projects.

Boat shows are great if you're looking for answers to fiddly problems.

One thing I learned early on was that the more expensive the boat the less clever the designs become, cunning utilization of space goes out the window, and the chance of finding an answer to problem that needs a cunning answer just ain't going to happen. As a result if I'm looking for clever and cunning I stick to boats below the 36-foot mark.

It's not just the boats that I look at as there are lots of clever ideas in neat products hidden away in corners right along side the "It slices it dices" man and the woman selling the "It's a dress, it's a cape, it's a scarf, it's a tres chic truc that's perfect attire for le femme chic". Yeah, lots of cool stuff if you have an idea what you're looking for.

Even better, the Paris show would have serious content for folks who build boats and you could actually talk to people who know shit and are not just there to hand you a brochure and don't know zilch about the boats/gear they are pimping.

But what I really miss is just across from the Paris show is a great place to get my Merguez Frites freak on...

Listening to Gloria Ann Taylor

So it goes...