Sunday, October 18, 2015

A good deal...

Wow, I just realized that I live in a country where a credible presidential candidate wants to reinstate slavery, more about slavery, and in the "a picture is worth a thousand words" department...

I was planning to paint today but instead of the clear dry day I needed, I got a whole lot of rain so painting will have to wait another day or so.

With some enforced leisure time to kill, I popped over to eBay and checked out the boat auctions only to find this Dufour Arpege auction just about to finish...



Obviously a fixer upper but still that's a nice boat going for very cheap!

A couple of minutes later it was a done deal...


Doing some quick math that is less than $0.18 a pound.

Sure you would have to spend two or three thousand dollars intelligently/carefully to make make it a proper cruiser but that at most would raise the cost to just north of $0.51 a pound...

Seriously what can you buy anymore for half a buck a pound these days?

Listening to The Sam Chase and the Untraditional

So it goes...