Monday, September 08, 2014

Some needful reading...

Some good advice, not the deal of the century, and Webb Chiles keeping us up to date...

I'm really not a big fan of electronics for boats.

Not that I'm a Luddite or anything but I do feel marine electronics took something of a wrong turn somewhere along the line (I suspect about the same time most catamarans quit being boats and morphed into something else entirely) and, in most cases, have become something less than seaworthy.

I mention this because it might surprise many that a couple of my favorite blogs are devoted to marine electronics. What can I say, not liking the current state of affairs in marine electronics does not mean I don't keep abreast of what's going on with them.

Anyway... The Marine Installer's Rant has a really awesome post which has pretty much zero to do with marine electronics which everyone should read...

You still here?

Listening to Billy Bragg

So it goes...