Tuesday, August 19, 2014

In the ongoing quest for sharp tools...

Nope, no climate change here so best to move on, not your same old same axe, and an insightful slam-dunk from Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...

My dad always used to say that you can tell a lot about a man from looking at his tools and, like a lot of the stuff my dad used to say, he was right.

Truth be told, I'd be embarrassed to have my dad see the current state of of my chisels...

The thing is, working on boats is hard on tools. Chisels and  other wood cutting tools were never designed with glass fiber, hybrid composite structure, and epoxy glue in mind and it takes its toll.

Which is why I perked up when I saw this...


It's a smallish affordable sharpening station by Dremel which looks to be just the thing to get those chisels (plane blades, drill bits, scissors, knives, etc) back to the standard they aspire to...


The concept of no longer being ashamed of my tool bag really does appeal.

Listening to Jason Isbell

So it goes...