Thursday, June 26, 2014

the stove produces heat...

The nightmare is that someone's even having this discussion, just so wrong, and some seriously fucked up shit...

Several people dropped me a line suggesting since I was having issues with my stove I really should buy a new one and suggested various stoves that might do the trick. Now I'll admit that the idea of replacing the current piece of crap bespoke stainless marine stove does have its attractions but that is at odds with my general fix stuff that can be fixed and if it can't be fixed try and recycle it in some way philosophy.

As it happens, the stove now works so replacement is off the cards for the moment. We did do a need/want on selling this one to replace it with something both cheaper, better and less prone to failure but decided that, for the moment, it was better to live with a stove with known issues than get a new one that has unfamiliar issues of its own.

Just for the record, anything on a boat is going to have its own little set of issues...

Listening to They Might be Giants

So it goes...