Friday, May 09, 2014

on simpilfying my reading list...

Maybe a ray of hope, a guitar builder to keep an eye on, and aren't you glad you don't have to live in North Dakota...

So, my computer kicked the bucket and I now have a brand spanking new replacement without a zillion bookmarks to various sail and cruising oriented blogs. In one way it is kind of frustrating but on the other hand I'm happy to cull a lot of dead wood that wasn't bringing anything to the party.

The ones I'm happiest not to replace are those that paint a picture of cruising as an endless adventure of repairing, replacing, and spending lots of money on overly complicated systems.

Which does not mean I don't enjoy working on boats or reading about working on boats and their systems but that I've simply reached a point where I'm not really interested unless someone can tell me how to do more with less rather than the accepted standard of how to do less with more.

In other words, simplicity.

Speaking of which, you might want to check out this article on the whole bringing all your lines back to the cockpit thang... It makes a lot of sense.  

Listening to Dan Bern

So it goes...