Saturday, April 19, 2014

looking for empathy in all the wrong places...

Orange jumpsuits might be just the thing, tricky bastards, and a passing of note...

I was reading an old post yesterday by Antonio Dias that made a lot of sense. Dias happens to be a boat designer I admire and author of "Designer & Client: Eight Boat Design Commissions, from Kayak to Cruiser".

It was a great post...

The last couple of weeks I've suffered from a certain malaise of spirit regarding the whole living on a boat and cruising gig brought on by an overabundance of input from the Rebel Heart brouhaha which underlined the fact that there are a lot of people flying the sailor/cruiser flag that are, for want of a better description, just not very nice people.

I'm not a stupid man and, as a firm believer in Sturgeons Law, it's not like I have any great faith that folks are inherently good but, like a lot of people, I do willfully ignore the facts and tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt more often than not.

The result is I get depressed when, yet again, folks prove to me that human nature is not warm and fuzzy in the least...

Which brings me to another post by Antonio Dias that made me vibrate like a tuning fork the first time I read it because it spoke to my dreams, doubts, and reservations while addressing the love/hate battle going on in my head where sailing/cruising was concerned.

Maybe you should read it as well...

Listening to Quicksilver Messenger Service

So it goes...