Thursday, April 10, 2014

and evil Spock might have been just around the corner...

Being poor can be tough, who actually benefits is always an important bit of data, and a sweet mini-Simmons...

Yesterday, while shopping, I noticed that Velveeta cost $14.95 for a two pound box...


So, I just have to ask...

WTF?

Really, when did pseudo-cheese-like-substitute start costing more than real cheese?

As it happens, I bought some Muenster and Monterey Jack for $5.98 a pound and I'm pretty sure you can do the math.

It gets weirder, Spam cost more than ham and canned corned beef cost more than beef roast. It was like all the poor people's cruising staples had become gourmet or some such.

To tell you the truth, I was too afraid to even go down the aisle where they keep the Ramen...

Maybe I was just having one of those stepped into an alternate universe sort of days yesterday.

Listening to The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

So it goes...