Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Doing the need/want two-step...

Some scary reading, that gas-to-plastics thing, and a rather good point...

I've been arguing with myself a lot lately... Doing the need/want two-step.

I really want a roller gun...

I have a really excellent powerful speargun and the thing is for around a hundred dollars I can make it even better/more powerful by converting it over to being a roller gun. Neptonic even makes a kit to do just that.

Add to the mix that I really want to try out a roller gun just because I like trying new tech, seeing how it works, and have a sneaking suspicion that I might use a roller gun more than I use my normal band gun.

The thing is, I know that at this exact moment in time I don't need to make the conversion over to roller gun as I have bands in decent shape and spares which would become useless once the change was made...

So, I argue with myself and try to talk myself into doing the want thing rather than the need thang. I'm human after all.

Of course, six months from now I'll need to replace my bands with the spares I have in hand and will need to buy some more rubber and all of a sudden the roller gun conversion will make all kinds of sense.

Not a lot of instant gratification in the need/want universe...

Listening to Spirit

So it goes...