Wednesday, February 05, 2014

a little mechanical advantage...

When the cure becomes the disease, hardly surprising, and this is just way cool...

There are a lot of tools I carry around that might surprise people... For instance, in each of my two main tool bags I have a short (12") crow bar...


... because sometimes you need some mechanical advantage. I've lost track of the number of times and ways these have been real problem solvers over the years.


Since sometimes you find you need even more of an advantage, there's also the bigger (36") wrecking bar I keep under the cockpit and, when that does not provide enough oomph, I have a pair of hydraulic bottle jacks that come in handy when you find it needful to rebed a keel or some such.


A new tool I'm going to mount on the underside of one of the cockpit locker lids is yet another variation on the same theme for emergency use when things go FUBAR...

Gotta love the name.


Listening to Great Big Sea

So it goes...