Wednesday, January 22, 2014

On how Ratty had it nailed...

Just a quick statement of fact, being #1 is not always a good thing, and more than a little method to their madness...

I like working on my boat... Which, considering how much work it needs is no bad thing.

Yesterday I spent some time re-bedding and sorting out a couple of issues with the deck/stanchion bases which, while hardly rocket science, kept me from being bored. It was a nice day, my iPod was fully charged so I had tunes, and I could keep an eye out for turtles and the odd jumping ray, so it was pretty enjoyable. 

Which is what boat work really should be...

“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
                                                                                ― Kenneth Grahame 
Listening to Renaud

So it goes...