Sunday, January 26, 2014

A little this and that...

This pretty much burned out my irony meter, some depressing news, and how outboard theft is not just a third world experience...

I'm currently reading "As Long as it's Fun" the Pardey biography and, so far, it's much better than I expected. So good in fact that I'm rationing it to make it last. I expect I'll be writing more about it after I'm finished...

It has, however, got me thinking a lot about how cruising has changed but more importantly how people have changed and the mood those thoughts engender are not exactly happy ones.

Over at Let's Pimp the Adventure 40 Attainable Adventure Cruising there's an interesting defense quoted for the cruising rally thang...

"...there is a huge demand for rallies. People are going to go to sea that way, whatever happens. So the best thing to do is make sure that rallies happen in the best and most seamanlike way possible..."
I'm pretty sure that Walter White used a very similar line of reasoning for his business as well and I believe he got it from the tobacco industry... So it does go.

Meanwhile, I was catching up on one of my favorite websites, ProaFile, and found this eye candy Pacific Proa by Julien Marin




Listening to Michael Nesmith

So it goes...