Thursday, December 26, 2013

Boxing day...

This is right on the mark, a third possibility, and a design article from Surfer Magazine that every sailboat designer should read...

To tell you the truth, I find the holidaze problematic because it seriously screws up boatwork and various projects.

It's frustrating...

Of course, I go into the holiday period with high hopes of getting a few projects done but, along about the time I hear my third discussion of the upcoming Doctor Who Xmas special, I pretty much put my tools away for the duration. Then the new year comes rolling around leaving me with a bag of guilt for not having finished all those projects I promised myself would be done before 2013 slips out of sight.

Which is not to say I don't greatly enjoy the assemblage of holidays and all of their fun, frolic, and over-eating. It's just that it does get in the way of doing stuff on a boat.

Listening to Great Big Sea

So it goes...