Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Yeah, we could use some flying saucers right about now...

A movie you should catch, something from the don't you feel safer department, and Cover Me remembers the much missed Judee Sill...

Some days I really should avoid going online and reading my news/RSS feeds/email as what's to be found there can be seriously depressing.

Today started with the news that some guy on a boat had died over at Christmas Cove... Not, apparently, someone I know (though the boat name is familiar) but it does tend to underline the fact that being on a boat does not keep the reaper away.

Then, I find out that someone I correspond with from time to time husband has just passed on... Not really a surprise as he was in the midst of a veritable clusterfuck of medical problems but we were all rooting for him to make it...

Oh yeah, then there's the ever constant stream of bad news from Washington chronicling what I suppose is simple greed and insanity run rampant.

Not that I'll quit reading the news every morning because, ever the optimist, I keep expecting some good news like flying saucers or other signs of intelligent life somewhere...

Just the sort of mood to rip out part of "So It Goes" and get into some serious wood butchery.

Listening to Los Lobos

So it goes...