Monday, October 21, 2013

Well, some of us actually enjoy working on boats...

Worth a read, kind of scary, and a Halloween mixtape...

I like working on boats in general and I really, really like doing projects on "So It Goes"...

The thing is, apparently not everyone shares my enjoyment of such things.

Sure, some jobs on boats can be a pain. Personally, I hate the confined working space scenario that involve engines and the smell of oil and fuel make me nauseous. Which, I suppose, might account for my evolution to now being an inboardless sailboat.

I should also admit that I've never been big on marine plumbing and holding tank maintenance/repair. Going to a composting head situation makes that a non-issue.

All the other stuff I actually like... Hey, I even find cleaning the bottom and sanding a mostly happy making experience!

Plus, I just love ripping out things and replacing them with other stuff in an ongoing my-boat-is-not-a-yacht-it's-a-sailing-test-bed kind of way. Sure I get stuff wrong all the time but then I get to rebuild it again...

What's not to love?

Listening to yet another cover of Hey Joe

So it goes...