Wednesday, July 31, 2013

a tale of two tools update...

Yep, I'd be happy to pay 68-cents more for a burger if it meant the folks making it made a living wage, not the way to improve education, and, luckily, since I live on a boat I don't have to worry about the current urban crime wave (that said, I do try to keep as far away as possible from people in suits because they're scary)...

A whole bunch of years ago I bought a Fein Multimaster which was, for me, a rather expensive tool but at the time it was the only such beast being made. To say it was worth the money spent would be a large understatement. Anyway, it still works like a champ and has been problem free.

A couple of years back I bought the much much cheaper copy/clone of the Fein tool that Harbor Freight sells. Last time I looked they were selling for less than $20. Ever since, I've been putting it through the wringer and, you know what? It works like a champ and has been problem free as well. Thing is, they are so much alike I often have to actually look at the tool in my hand to see which one I'm using as their performance and feel are so close to each other.

two hard working tools
Which, I suppose, plays havoc with the whole "you get what you pay for" tool fetish thang...

Listening to the Lovin' Spoonful

So it goes...