Thursday, June 06, 2013

Yesterday was not such a bad day...

The mind boggles, the price of what you eat, and I rest my case...

Yesterday, since I could not get into the glassing project, it wound up being a take-the-generator-apart-clean-the-carburetor-put-it-back-together sort of day.

On the plus side... After doing it a half dozen times I've gotten real fast at the job and, as it happens, I may have just sorted out the microscopic bit of gunk that has been making the motor (and me) so unhappy.

Maybe...

Which is the bummer about fuel issues in paradisaical places as problems are just a fact of life and you either have to live with it or opt out like the Pardeys did and eschew all things internal combustion.

Fact is, while I'm not hot on working on generators and suchlike, sitting in my cockpit listening to music while I dismantle engines and put them back together in the Caribbean trumps working a 9-5 job any way you figure.

Listening to Lucinda Williams

So it goes...