Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I've got the funky gasoline blues...

Could this be a trend (I do frelling hope so), the word heinous does comes to mind, and it's not like people weren't warning us...

I'll be honest... I'm not really in a good mood.

My generator has a carburetor issue. Normally no biggie and the usual fix is to take down the carb clean it, put it back together, and it's taken care of. Sometimes it might take a couple tries to get it right. Well, I'm past a dozen and the problem keeps coming back...

You can see how that might affect my current "fun" factor.

I really do need to get a better fuel filter for the generator as the in-line one that is stock is obviously not up to the current state of Caribbean gas. The problem is that no one makes a decent filter that is small enough to work with a small generator.

So far, the only one that actually makes sense in scale/size is this Racor...


... it's a cool little filter which will work if I route the gas line out of the generator through the filter and back in to the carburetor. Sure I know it is something of a kludge but, so far, it's the best solution I've come across.

The real pain is the cost of said little bit of plastic with a paper filter is just nuts. That said, it could be worse as I can only imagine what it would cost if Nestle (see heinous link above) was selling it...

Listening to Crystal Bowersox

So it goes...