Sunday, June 16, 2013

and a blog well worth checking out...

Color me impressed (imagine our commander-in-chief in comparison), a Democrat with a backbone (about as rare as an Ivory-Billed Woodpecker), and is not ignorance bliss...

Being on a boat is not for everyone. Fact is, we've noticed more than our fair share of cruisers not having a good time... the bitch and moan brigade.

Which is not to say a bit of grousing or creative use of profanity is not a goodly thing (think of it as the pressure relief valve on your espresso maker) and I myself have been known to bitch and moan with the best of them (especially when rebuilding my 象爆炸式的拉肚子 generator carb over and over and over again!).

That said, being on a boat is still a mostly positive experience... Sure, there are any number of negative aspects to it, being the real world and all, but as long as stuff stays mostly positive I'm a happy camper. On the other hand, if it ever turns to mostly bad I'm not going to hang around being one of those unhappy campers in paradise and tough it out...

Which leads us to More JOY Everywhere a blog about a couple sailing off into the sunset. You really should read this because they're selling their cat and getting out of cruising, and it's all there in the blog... Personally I'd start at the beginning and read it in order.

Listening to Joe South

So it goes...