Saturday, May 25, 2013

I'll give it a three...

In the "it's-only-deadbeats-who-get-foreclosed-on" department, well worth watching, and about that collapsing empire infrastructure...

I realize that this may get me kicked out of certain clubs but I really hate reading the Defender and West catalogs.

It's not just that I'm frugal, I know lots of people with less money than I have who spend hours and hours looking at things they wished they could afford for their boats...

No, the problem is deeper than that. I just find modern boat gear pimpage mostly depressing and, well if you must know, boring.

Partly, it's about the fact that a long while ago I figured out that I did not need all that much to make a boat go and, as a result, once I realized that having the newest state-of-the-art-integrated-navigation-system had nothing to do with my best interests, boredom set in.

The other part is how, even when I need something, shopping for boat gear is just not fun. In fact, it's more like a chore right up there with fixing a marine head and I'm pretty sure most folk reading this understand where that is on a scale of one to ten.

Listening to the Clash

So it goes...