Thursday, April 04, 2013

Death, taxes, and haulouts...

A really bad idea, a worthwhile read, and I'll be honest most white guys make me a bit nervous...

Being a rather cheap guy the whole needing to haul out is always something of a traumatic affair...

So I put it off...

Of course, you can only put some stuff off for so long before it starts costing you more money in one way or another, so I find myself trying to sort out when and where "So It Goes" gets to haul out for a couple of weeks.

Over in St Thomas it will cost me around $450 for the haul and another $500 or so for sitting there while I do the work. Plus water, plus electricity and plus-plus-plus so in the end I'm guessing somewhere around $1600 all told without labor or materials.

Makes me glad I have a 34-foot boat...

On the other hand, a marina/yard I know in Belize costs three-quarters of that...

Every year Jerry Jeff Walker has his Camp Belize thing in January... The question is, can I put off the needful haulout and new paint till January?

Listening to Jerry Jeff Walker as it happens...

So it goes...