Friday, February 01, 2013

A short moment of clarity...

Something to read regarding the debt problem, profoundly depressing, and this, just might make your head explode...

I'm not a designer of boats...

Which is not to say I don't know how to design a boat, it's just that while I can design a boat that fulfills its function and floats right side up, there will be no art in it...

And, a boat without art is a very sad thing.

What I'm really good at is building a boat in a way that makes sense which, sometimes, is not exactly how a designer of yachts, no matter how much art involved, might draw in terms of construction details. The reason for this is not so much that I am a wizard in terms of boat construction but more about how a lot of designers are not really boat builders.

For instance, I have some very clear ideas on how to build and fit out a cruising sharpie construction wise, that would make it easier to build, stronger, and cheaper which seems to be in direct contradiction to the way most folk design/build sharpies. Of course, I also have some rather strong opinions on what makes sense in terms of rigging a sharpiesque boat as well that flies in the face of what most people think a sharpie should be rigged or look like...

But, more about that a little later.

Listening to Melody's Echo Chamber

So it goes...