Saturday, December 15, 2012

a secret to happy camperdom...

This pretty much says it all, a no perp walk zone, and a pie chart of note...

So, where were we...

I'm pretty sure we were describing how a cheap fixer upper can be a lot more expensive than a turnkey boat.

That said, I'm a big fan of fixer upper boats. It's just that a lot of people don't do the math and, as a result, wind up unhappy campers.

Happy campers, by contrast, when they buy a fixer upper, know what the boat will be worth when they've finished fixing and refitting it. For what it's worth, they also realize that their labor has a worth of its own and a dollar/euro/yen value. The bottom line is the total cost of the boat when finished has to be significantly less than one you can buy for cash in turnkey condition.

I'll repeat the important part...

S-I-G-N-I-F-L-C-A-N-T-L-Y  L-E-S-S

Otherwise, what's the point?

Listening to "Pops" Staples

So it goes...