Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Some days...

Ian Welsh continues to make sense, a very good cause you might be interested in supporting, and a lecture worth the time...

Shit, as they say, happens...

I lost an oarlock yesterday. Well, as it happens it's not exactly lost but it is in about six feet underwater near the boardwalk. It popped off when I shipped one of the oars in the early (still dark) AM. I jumped in after it but, as it was still dark, I was reduced to the Braille method of bottom exploring... Lots of beer bottles but nada on the bronze oarlock front.

I figured that I could jerry-rig an oarlock out of line and the most prudent course of action was to go back to the boat and come back later when it was light and with a mask so I could see what I was doing. Of course, when I came back several hours later a daysail boat had tied up just over the missing oarlock...

I'll try again later today but I'm thinking of adding a sculling notch on the back of the dinghy...

Listening to 10cc

So it goes...