Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Getting my Hoo Doo together...

Some surf science, an interesting thought, and check out the dinghy stowage on this trailer...

Man, I hate it when the "H" tings come at night...


Notice I don't quite use the "H" word... It's because anyone who has ever been around such things for any length of time tends to get just a little superstitious. Like demons and other skulkers of the night, naming them gives them more power than most of us are comfortable with.

Which is not to say that I don't put faith in my ground tackle and suchlike but, then again, I don't begin a voyage on a Friday either if you catch my drift... So, the ritual of preparing for a storm (the setting of the ground tackle, pulling down the solar panels, making sure the Gris-Gris is in its proper place, and the baking of the chocolate cake) becomes the order of the day.

Then again, there is the deal making, where I promise to take in a sad forlorn homeless Firebird guitar and foster it with love as if it were my own if only I make it through yet another "H" event unscathed and floating right side up. Why a Gibson you may ask... because everyone knows that the Hoo Doo of classic Gibson is a powerful ally against things that go bump in the night.


Listening to Jefferson Airplane

So it goes...