Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Progress and a random act of stupidity...

Something of interest from Lefsetz, Krugman points out something we should remember in spite of everything, and for anyone doing a big project this might make you feel better...

I had a good day yesterday, well, that is, if you can term a day with near-arterial bleeding as "good".

For one, progress was made. I was finally able to get around to and mostly finish a project that has been somewhat elusive... Elusive in the sense that any time I was able to do it, parts would seem to be missing, the weather was not conducive, some other project was more needful, and other similar distractions which would, in one way or another, keep me from even getting started. I hate projects like that.

Anyway, now that is in motion it allows for a whole plethora of other projects to actually get done... Life is good!

Oh yeah, on the bleeding thing... Not to worry, the only serious consequence is that I doubt I'll be able to do a proper C-chord or Jeff Beck riffs for a couple of weeks but it has underlined that using the proper tool (in this case my rigging knife) is highly preferable and safer to using any-old-blade-that-happens-to-be-laying-about (such as a half-sharp cheese knife) on a rolling deck.

What can I say, we all have some stupid days...

Listening to Southside Johnny

So it goes...