Friday, April 13, 2012

To do or not to do...

Where being number "1" is not a bragging right, reflecting on slick reptilian sleaziness, and why that mattress is looking better all the time...

Is it just me or do there seem to be more Friday the 13th's floating around?

Well, here on "So It Goes" the new solar panels are now up and running nearly doubling our solar input and we're doing the happy camper dance...

Now all that's left to do is to install our new low output (100 watt) wind generator and I'll be finished with pulling wire for a bit. The only fly in the ointment on the wind generator front is that I'm caught in a kind of Hamlet back and forth whether I want to do an arch or not do an arch as part of the installation.

I could, of course, simply buy an arch from someone like Kato Marine but I'm not really a buy it kind of guy and the idea of bolting something on to the transom that costs over twice what I paid for the boat does not exactly make a lot of sense in my world purview. So, the question is, do I want to go with something that looks like a jungle gym, a goal post, or maybe not made of metal?

Well, as it happens, I do have some scrap plywood, epoxy, fiberglass and carbon fiber aboard...

Listening to John & Yoko

So it goes...